Bellevue Leader, Bellevue NE, 8/2013 – present
- Cover the City of Papillion, including city council meetings and school board meetings.
Special Sections Intern
Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, NE, 5/2013 – 8/2013
- Fact check and compile lists for Metro Guide.
- Write feature stories representing Nebraska counties for Metro Guide.
- Fact checked and edited 2013 Scholars section.
- Wrote feature preview articles and fact boxes for 2013 Kids Camp section.
Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, NE, 8/2011 – 8/2013
- Write news briefs and one to two metro event area articles each weekend.
- Write local event previews for GO.
- Compiled Live Music section for GO.
- Compiled history for Living section.
The Gateway (University of Nebraska at Omaha), Omaha, NE, 7/2012 – 5/2013
- Created weekly storyboard and managed content.
- Edited and proofread news stories.
- Wrote spot news and feature stories for news section.
- Wrote feature stories for entertainment and sports sections.
- Created and managed Twitter account for news section.
Senior Staff Member
MaverickPR (University of Nebraska at Omaha), Omaha, NE, 1/2012 – 5/2013
- Served as content editor for Comm UNO Alumni Magazine.
- Managed magazine storyboard and edited all stories, headlines and photo captions.
- Wrote and took photos for assigned feature stories.
- Served as Research Director for Bateman National Case Study Competition’s campaign on bullying prevention.
- Pitched healthy high school lifestyle story for Saludable Omaha.
Public Relations Intern
The Salvation Army, Omaha, NE, 5/2012 – 10/2012
- Wrote and scheduled Twitter posts and Facebook updates.
- Wrote news releases on upcoming events and new staff members.
- Took photos at events and press conferences.
- Wrote and posted content for online website.
Executive Board Member
MaverickPR-UNO PRSSA, Omaha, NE, 1/2013 – 5/2013
- Handled all firm and chapter transactions, withdrawals and deposits.
- Managed budgets for events, trips and conferences.
University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, May 2013
Major: Journalism, News Editorial sequence
Don & Millie’s, Omaha, NE, 8/2008 – 8/2012
- Interacted with customers.
- Trained new employees.
- Assisted in all areas of the restaurant.
College of Communication, Fine Arts Dean’s List
Virginia McIntire Scholarship
Magazine Article Writing
News Writing and Reporting
Public Affairs Reporting
Mass Media Ethics